Purchase Orders

Karen_Wil
New Contributor II

Due to the changes on the recent update, we can no longer edit a purchase order if the job has been exported.  How do we make changes now??  I need to be able to edit a purchase order, and export it to quickbooks.  Our jobs sometimes close before we receive all vendor invoicing. 

5 REPLIES 5

michael21
Contributor III

@Karen_Wil You may have already tried this, but there is a permission related to modifying a transaction after it has been exported.  The permission was toggled off with this update, even though I'm an admin on our system.  I'm guessing that the PO's you can't edit are job PO's, and it may be this permission that is stopping you.  Try checking that while you wait for ST.  Luck!

Mike M CPA & Operations in KC, (go Chiefs)

Karen_Wil
New Contributor II

Unfortunately, we do not have a CSM.  I have chatted and emailed with Service Titan.  The person I chatted with did not have the permissions to make this type of change, and recommended I email the CSM team.  I am currently waiting on a response.  Mean while, the stack of purchase orders are piling up.  

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Our CSM told us yesterday that this got toggled off with the update. You should be able to ask your CSM to toggle it back on. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

SteveCossette
Contributor II

I'm trying to understand the logic of your workflow; what would you need to update on a purchase order for which the items have been installed?

I know invoices can be edited even if they are exported (Even if it's shoddy at best) but POs have never been editable once they are exported, they are set in stone.

JessicaSmith

She's trying to edit a purchase order after the job's invoice has been exported. @Karen_Wil I believe there is a setting your CSM can change that will let you do that!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions