Custom Field Improvement - Save Custom Field Data

dillonderner
New Contributor II

In our industry (Irrigation) alot of our appointments are repetitive maintenance. 

Custom Fields have the potential to be very useful. however. when booking a job, data entered into the custom fields currently DOES NOT SAVE for future jobs.

So when we make another job to re-visit the customer, our CSR's would have to re-collect the Custom Field information? (Big waste of time, and makes us look un-organized)

Currently we get around this by adding lots of Pinned Notes. but is very messy...

My Suggestion

Add the ability to "Save Custom Field Data" to the Customer/Location when entered in on the Job Booking screen?
This could be a checkbox on the Custom Field page, something like "Save to Customer / Save to Location" so that not all custom fields would have to be saved, only if desired.

Desired outcome: Next time we book a job with that custom field, it would pull it from the saved Customer / Location data location.

ALSO
Another Toggle that would allow the technician the ability to EDIT the custom field would make the custom fields another 10x more useful! We do not want the technicians calling the office after every job to have the CSR's update custom fields for the technician.

Thank you, if you took the time to read my post!

UPDATE: Created an "Idea" -> https://ideas.community.servicetitan.com/ideas/COMMUNITY-I-4486

Dillon Derner
9 REPLIES 9

sunshine207
Contributor

It's not just silly, it is more costly to us. And to top it off, we aren't as efficient! 

Miranda
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

This is such a good idea! It makes you feel silly to re-ask questions and it's a pain to go digging for some of this info especially if you are just wanting to get a simple job booked! Thanks for sharing the link so we can upvote this! Also, welcome to the Community! We are glad to have you here!

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

MadisonChicken

Excellent idea. This is the same in the chimney industry. Peoples units unless we are servicing an additional fireplace or location, don't change. It would be great to be able to transfer that information from appt to appt. Please make this an idea and I would love to vote for it! 

Madison Robertson
Chicken Lady Speaks

Thank you for the support, 1st time community user here, I created the "Idea"
https://ideas.community.servicetitan.com/ideas/COMMUNITY-I-4486

Dillon Derner

sunshine207
Contributor

This is a necessity for us as well!  We were told when we onboarded that we would have this custom field feature (not realizing the techs couldn't edit them from the field until we were already using it!). 😠 This is backwards -- It really needs to be looked at. Service Titan has actually made our jobs harder and we are now paying more people to get less done. 

This is really unfortunate as we have spent a lot more money for this program and our other software could do this! I have posted 60+ IDEAS just to get us back to what were used to........not happy. PS. If you want the developers to see this, you will need to post on the IDEAS page 🙂

Dillon Derner

MirandaMel

This would be a great feature...we typically pull up a second page to copy over the data from the last job but it does take a lot of extra time.  This could be the same as the "preferred tech" feature that auto populates.  Did you do an idea up for this?

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

Dillon Derner

MirandaMel

Voted!!

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning