First-Time Fix Rate

serr451
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

First-time fix rate is one of the 14 Field Service Performance Metrics that ST recommends companies track. How do we track this? Is there a report ST has built that will calculate this metric?  I can create a report using certain variables, but I have to export the information  out of ST and manually calculate the percentage. Are there recommended KPIs to use when running these report?  If this is something you say we should be tracking, why isn't there a report that will do this for us?

7 REPLIES 7

serr451

Thank you for your response. ST's FTF is based on appointments. I created a report, but I do like the idea of creating a dashboard.  I have not found a way within one report to find the a a First time fix percentage to overall jobs. I can get this KPI, but I have to export into excel.  We are still working on a definition as to what we would want in a FTF report, because recalls caused by the initial job does not change the status of FTF on that job. 

Rachel_Young
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @serr451 I believe First-Time Fix Rate would be referring to a billable hour rate which would look at the sold hours on a service to help calculate flat-rate or upfront pricing. To calculate what your company's billable hour rate should be, ServiceTitan does have a tool for that here. As far as tracking the metric I would look for "billable efficiency" in reporting metrics and on the dashboard under technician scorecards>productivity. This KPI looks at the "worked hours" (time spent on a job from arrival to completion) and compares it/divides it by the "sold hours" (hours a job is expected to take that are written into your pricebook services, materials, or equipment) to give you a billable efficiency percentage you can watch. Here's some ST-related help on billable efficiency. This also plays really well into dynamic pricing. Hope that helps!!!

This has been a popular topic lately so let me know if you have more questions!

serr451

I'm looking for a report that will divide the numbers of jobs fixed on the first appointment divided by the total number of jobs. This would give me the percentage of jobs that were fixed on the first appointment. I have a report that I'm using, but unfortunately, I have export into excel and do all calculations there. 

How do you identify jobs that are not fixed the first time?  We are having a hard time establishing a workflow that gives us this data - even if we have to do the math ourselves - which is dumb.

serr451

ST has a report based on the number of appointments which allows you to view recalls, but yes you have to export all of this info to excel and do the math to get a percentage. 

PamDuffy-PCG

Hi @RayBroman and @serr451  - you can see this info on your Service Manager Dashboard, or, you can create your own module in a custom dashboard. I made this one quickly below that shows total completed jobs, converted jobs, recalls caused, total recall jobs, and the total recall percentage (which is the recalls caused divided by the converted jobs). You can also pull this data in Reporting.

PamDuffyPCG_1-1698328223345.png

---
Pam Duffy, Powerhouse Consulting Group
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert

the dashboard you created shows how many recalls, and the recall %, which is great, but what we are looking for (and I believe what serr451 is looking for) is a report that will show the % of time that a technician was able to go to a call, and have the part on their van to fix it while they are there the first time.  Recalls mean they think it is fixed, leave, and it's not really fixed so we have to go back.  

First time fix, or first time completion would be affected by the technician not having the correct part, or enough time, or whatever the reason that they leave the home knowing the system is not fixed, and we have to come back for some reason (usually because they want to use an OEM part).

I believe the issue is even larger than serr451 is stating because they way they are doing it by appointments is about the only way to track it - even if we have to calculate the % manually.  Our issue is when the first tech creates and sells an estimate and clicks perform work later the job becomes a project, and won't count against them as appointments.  Seems like a core piece of data that is missing from ST.