Hiring Process

BayleeR
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I am curious how your company filters new applicants and what your first step with them is.

We start off by having a "hiring event" or in other terms a brief lighthearted get-to-know you session! We are trying to automate this so that weekly we aren't all gathering for hours in the evenings to do these events.

How does your company make funneling these potential employees in easier and what have you found works best in the way of getting the most applicants to show up for you!?? 

Thanks for sharing your ideas and your strategies!!! 

4 REPLIES 4

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @BayleeR -- typically you would review the application and if the person seems like a good candidate, you would reach out to them to do an "application review" over the phone. This is just another checkpoint to establish that contact and gage the person's enthusiasm and confirm skills listed on their resume, etc. Once that's done you can then schedule either an in-person or virtual interview (that's a whole section in itself). If the interview goes well, run the background check and schedule a drug screening test. Then the onboarding experience takes place from there!

tldr; application reivew>phone call>interview>legal screenings

Sheena @ NiFT

BayleeR

This is fantastic! Thank you sharing, I love how responsive and helpful you are!!!! I appreciate it so much!  I know this isn't always a "one-size fits all" type of thing, so I figured I would see if others had a method they really thought brought the most for their business! 😍

^ Great question! Our process is basically the same as Sheena's. We will have an initial phone call where we ask them questions and then if we think they may be a good fit we schedule an interview with the owner and go from there. Also, I'd like to say always trust your gut. It usually doesn't fail you.

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling

BayleeR

Thats great, we for sure go along with our gut feelings when it comes to deciding whether to move forwards with applicants or to move on.