Simple Math Equations on Reports

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Please vote for this idea if you like it and get your friends to upvote it as well.

COMMUNITY-I-2114

While there is a wealth of information in custom reports, I find myself having to constantly export reports to perform simple math, and if those math equations were available within Service Titan, we would be able to keep almost all of our reporting with Service Titan via the current modular dashboards and other reporting.  It would be nice to create custom columns in reporting data sets, give them a custom label and create a simple mathematical calculation.  Again, I have several use cases and I am sure all you readers can think of others but one thing we look at a lot to compare technicians is ratios as levels the playing field.  That math equations at the bottom of reports (sum, average, total etc) are great but often times I want to have equations on summary reports at the column level at the end and not at the row level at the bottom.  Think Technician Performance or Business Unit Performance reports.  We look at a metric called Sales Less Materials Per Sales Opportunities, and currently I have to dump this into excel and manipulate the columns to get the averages I want.  If I could simply say take Column A (Subtotal) Subtract Column B (Total Material + Equipment + PO Costs) and Divide by Column C (Total Sales Opportunities for the tech) and have that output in my custom column D, nothing would ever have to be dumped into Excel and I would have the additional benefit of then being able to display this on modular dashboards.  I have many other use cases here but being able to have something like this where you can add, subtract, divide, or multiply certain columns of data in a report and display into a new column would help immensely.  

Element Mist
3 REPLIES 3

reneem

Again, alllll he customization! Voted!

Also, i feel like they changed reports 2.0 to work more like excel, hoping more functionality gets added!

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member

RandiThompson

rthompso_0-1667231165443.gif

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

JessicaSmith

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions