Only receiving partial chat messages - help!

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Since November 2022, I have had support cases open as I have been having trouble with our ST chat where I only receive partial messages on my work Macbook. They still have not found a permanent solution for this problem and it impacts my workflow daily. I am reaching out to see if other users are experiencing this as well? Please let me know if you or someone within your company are experiencing this. I would be super grateful! I would love to know how widespread of an issue this is.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer! 🙏 🙏 

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling
16 REPLIES 16

e_dunn
Former Titan

Hi @KhianaKlatt @sreid_ce @Miranda - I am so sorry you're experiencing this issue, and for so LONG! Let me see if I can get you some assistance. Hang tight please.

Miranda
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Thank you so much for pulling in some more help on this! I appreciate you all so much!

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Thank you for further looking into this. I appreciate it. I now see that I am not alone in this problem either. On my other post, @MirandaMel also mentioned she is affected by this ongoing issue. Seeing as multiple ST users are experiencing this and for so long, I do hope it can be escalated. Thank you so much for replying!

Khiana Klatt

sreid_ce
New Contributor

Same for us- we have pinned it to certain cell phone providers! The work around I have found is if you go to the search and select sms and search the number you can see the full message there! It is annoying but at least can read the whole message! 

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Thanks for sharing your work around and letting me know others are experiencing this as well. The office manager has a cell phone and receives the full texts to her cell however, I do not have a work cell phone and do not want to be receiving all of the company SMS chats to my personal cell. So this causes a bit of a problem when she is out of the office and she cannot show me the full texts on her cell. So our workaround has been setting up an email alert for chats however, it creates a lot of emails.

Khiana Klatt

Miranda

We are still experiencing this as well! I receive the messages on my cell phone, but sometimes if I don't have great service in the office, it takes a while for them to come through so that is a pain. It would be much easier if they came in completely on ServiceTitan and in the correct order! 

I don't feel like that was any advice, unless you can be set up to have them sent to you on your cell phone. You are not alone in this though for sure! ❤️

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Thank you so much for letting me know I am not alone in this. I do not have a work cell phone so this isn't an option currently. I was able to set it up so now I receive email alerts so I can see the full text messages here however, it creates a lot of emails and is inconvenient. It would be so much easier to see the full texts in the chat area! I hope it is fixed for you soon.

Khiana Klatt