dispatch Notifications

laulauga
New Contributor

Hello,

I am having a problem that I am hoping you can help me with. For the dispatch notifications we are able to let customers know when we are on the way, which is great btw. But one thing I have notice that is causing a problem is when a tech goes back to a previous job invoice a message is sent to that same customer that the tech is on the way which is not true. My question is can we prevent sending the customer notifications when invoices are being edit and just have the notification sent out only for real job appointments.

5 REPLIES 5

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

You would need to have the office turn off notifications for the job before the tech redispatches.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

But if techs don't tell the office they are making changes isn't it more work for the office to turn off the notifications every single time?

JessicaSmith

Best practice really would be for the tech to just complete everything at once. What reasons are they giving for going back to jobs?

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

Well one tech mention that the customer was in a rush so they didn't have time to sit down and do the invoice therefore he had to come back to finished the invoice and send to customer or another would be the tech did more then he originally wrote and needed to edit the invoice. In a perfect world being done right then and there is ideal but sometimes techs are hit with road blocks in which they can't write their prefect invoice at the moment

AdamCronenberg

I recommend the tech build a simple estimate, even if they just put a place holder item on it.  They will then be able to complete the job and can work through the mobile follow up tab to build their "perfect" estimate after the fact.  This will allow the office much more transparency on jobs, more accurate close rates and wont leave you with a bunch of half finished jobs on your dispatch board.  This will also prevent your double dispatch message if the tech truly isnt going back out to the home.  As long as there is 1 estimate on the job, they can modify that estimate, create other estimates and follow the suggested ST workflow.  Additionally, as Jessica mentioned, anything you can do to have the techs quote on site is ideal.  Encourage you to learn about Estimate and Proposal Templates if you are not already familiar with those.  It was a game changer for us since it made it so easy for techs to add estimates and do their job properly while on site.  

Element Mist