Membership report for discounts

MPEService
New Contributor III

Hi all,

We just started using memberships this year and I want to run a report that will show the total amount of membership discounts that have been provided to our members so far. Does anyone know if one exists or how to create a custom report?

6 REPLIES 6

ErinS
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Do you know if the discounts for your Memberships appear under the Membership setting/config, or in the Pricebook where it asks for the Member price, or both?

ErinS

The report called "Invoice Item Detail with Pricebook Information" could work for this depending on your Member discount setup. It allows you to drill down to invoices with Active OR Inactive members, see the Member price versus standard and compare to what the customer spent. Possible cumbersome, but with plenty of filters to see exactly what you want.

Here's a link to give more insight into discrepancies you may find when looking at Member discounts:

MPEService
New Contributor III

Hi Erin,

This report looks like it would work, however, our membership discounts are set up as percentages in the membership configuration, and not in the Pricebook. Would the membership discount totals only be available if they are set up in Pricebook? It seems like there should be  way to capture this information without having it in both places (Pricebook and Membership configuration).

Cortney_SPUD
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

@MPEService  – You can get to this using custom reports with a few caveats.

Try this:  Reports -> Create Report -> All -> Invoices.  Be sure to include ‘Discount Total’ and ‘Member Status.’

This report will show you the total discounts provided.  It doesn’t necessarily include only membership discounts though.  If you offer other types of discounts, those will be included.  You could filter your ‘Member Status’ column to include only ‘Active.’    That way, you will see only discounts provided to active members.  The things to keep in mind with that filter are 1) it’s a reflection of CURRENT member status so if someone canceled a membership recently their previous discounts won’t show up, and 2) if you offer discounts unrelated to memberships, those will still be included.

Hi Cortney. Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this report but it's not pulling in the member savings like I expected. Have you had success with this? 

Cortney_SPUD

I haven't done much membership reporting.  I'm happy to help you troubleshoot if you'd like though.  Do you want to share screenshots of what you're seeing and explaining what you'd expect to see instead?