Equipment Best Practices

mquigley
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hey Community, 

How are you all putting in your Equipments in ST? Do you have them linked to the pricebook? Is every tech writing something different some technical some vague? Is your dispatcher viewing the equipment everytime you are closing out to make sure its the correct updated equipment ? Are you doing it for all trades? I need some Equipment clean up help! 

Thanks, 

3 REPLIES 3

RandiThompson

HVAC- we have our techs add the M# & S# of existing equipment in the location. We use inventory in ST so it doesn't make sense for us to duplicate the equipment as noninventory/existing equipment in the pricebook. I was in a webinar about XOI the other day and if I remember correctly one of their key features is the tech can take a pic of the nameplate and it will inscribe that info into ST, you could see if that would work for you. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

TimMcGuire
Former Titan

This is a great question! 

If adding equipment to location records is a new practice for a company my recommendation would be to take the simple approach.... start with building out a complete list of the different Equipment Types that your company would come across in a customer's home (regardless of trade). This will allow the tech to select the Type in mobile and then fill in the detail (make, model, serial number, age) for each unit. I think this approach is easier than trying to list every possible piece of equipment you may encounter. You can then use this information to report on locations by equipment type and detail to perform more targeted marketing for things like seasonal tune-ups and even replacement.  

I'd love to hear how other folks are handling it more specific to ServiceTitan.

JessicaSmith

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions