Auto maintenance scheduling

VictoriaNassar
New Contributor II

Is there any way to set up an automatic scheduling for maintenance on a reoccurring schedule? We are doing a monthly inspection on our fleet.  Is there a way to do this without having to book a job for each truck to have them access the form???

7 REPLIES 7

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

You can make a reoccurring event and create a technician form to be filled out instead of a job form. There currently isn't a way to make the tech forms required though. Like @lizb said if you have FleetPro you can set alerts that will send a an email to the tech when its time for service and they are working on more functionality in the maintenance module on FleetPro Screenshot 2024-07-29 154225.png 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

I don't think we have FleetPro.  So currently I am creating a job for each truck and the maintenance check list form is in that job.   I was wondering if there is a way to have them do the checklist truck maintenance form without having to create an actual job for it. 

Is that only a feature if you have FleetPro?

You can create a non-job event and set the form as technician instead of job. Then when they clock in to the NJE they can go to "My Forms" in mobile and can then do their maintenance form. This is what we did before fleet pro. 

Do you mind going through the steps to doing that?? I'm still learning ST. 

Sure! When you create the form, select Technician instead of Job and select "both office and technician side" as you see in this picture. Capture.PNG

Then on the dispatch board, create a non-job event (grey box) for your technicians to clock into when it is time for the truck inspection as seen in this photo and name it to whatever you would call that meeting. You would do this by clicking on the dispatch board on that day and then filling out the information (as seen in this photo below). We put a timesheet code in for meeting so they get paid for the time they are doing it. Capture.PNG

Then when the technicians are ready to clock into the NJE, they would go to the guy in the upper right hand corner of their ipad/phone, click on it, go to events- then they would click on whatever you named the NJE and then once clocked in to the event, they would go to "My Forms" on their ipad and they would select whatever you named the form as. They would then be able to fill out the form while in the event. Once they are done with this, they can either dispatch into their next call which would end the meeting OR they can go back to the event by clicking on the guy in the corner and then events and select "done" and that will clock them out of the event. 

Hope this helps. I would be glad to answer any other questions you may have, 🙂

Great explanation!

lizb

Yes there is a maintenance section inside FleetPro. You can set up all kinds of alerts for each vehicle.