Automating a Direct Mail Campaign

conormartin
New Contributor

When selecting Automated for delivery logic on a direct mail campaign, how do I specify the cadence for the regular scheduling of sending the mail? I'd like to automate sending a new client a postcard when they sign up for our service. I have created an audience that looks for new customers within the last 7 days. I would like for the automated direct mail campaign to send out the postcards once a week to anyone that signed up in the last 7 days. Thanks for your help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PamDuffy-PCG
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Thanks for tagging me in @JessicaSmith! Hi @conormartin - I agree with how Jessica lays it out here. If you are sending just 1 mailer, instead of pulling your audience to look for customers < 7 days in the past, pull all customers from yesterday.

Here's a good way to remember & think through an audience with a date range. Every day, ServiceTitan polls your entire customer database and looks for customers who meet your criteria. Today is Monday. If my friend Jack had a job on Friday, and my criteria was a job less than 7 days in the past, he would get a postcard mailed today because Friday is 3 days ago. But tomorrow, on Tuesday, when we poll the audience, Jack will be in the audience again because his job was on Friday, or 4 days ago.  One reason to set up the audience this way is if you were going to send out multiple postcards.

Instead, if you set it up to just one single day (like jobs completed = 0 days in the past), then Jack will fall into the audience on Saturday and will NOT be in the audience on Sunday. This makes the most sense if you're planning on sending a single card after the job.

Either way, once you set up the campaign with a dynamic date range, it will send daily to anyone who meets the criteria every day once launched, until you stop the campaign. 

---
Pam Duffy, Powerhouse Consulting Group
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

conormartin
New Contributor

Thank you - would love to get confirmation on if it is looking daily. If so, I'll be able to update my audiences accordingly! Thank you! 

LBabayan

Hi @conormartin and welcome to the Community! 

Great question, let's see if one of our MarketingPro experts @JessicaSmith can weigh in and share some best practices when building direct mail campaigns. 

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

On an automated campaign, I'd set the audience to look for new customers from YESTERDAY. As I understand it once you set up the automated campaign it will look for new members of the audience daily and send daily. @PamDuffy-PCG can you confirm?

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

PamDuffy-PCG

Thanks for tagging me in @JessicaSmith! Hi @conormartin - I agree with how Jessica lays it out here. If you are sending just 1 mailer, instead of pulling your audience to look for customers < 7 days in the past, pull all customers from yesterday.

Here's a good way to remember & think through an audience with a date range. Every day, ServiceTitan polls your entire customer database and looks for customers who meet your criteria. Today is Monday. If my friend Jack had a job on Friday, and my criteria was a job less than 7 days in the past, he would get a postcard mailed today because Friday is 3 days ago. But tomorrow, on Tuesday, when we poll the audience, Jack will be in the audience again because his job was on Friday, or 4 days ago.  One reason to set up the audience this way is if you were going to send out multiple postcards.

Instead, if you set it up to just one single day (like jobs completed = 0 days in the past), then Jack will fall into the audience on Saturday and will NOT be in the audience on Sunday. This makes the most sense if you're planning on sending a single card after the job.

Either way, once you set up the campaign with a dynamic date range, it will send daily to anyone who meets the criteria every day once launched, until you stop the campaign. 

---
Pam Duffy, Powerhouse Consulting Group
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert