Happy Monday Everyone!

jeisenman
Former Titan

I am getting ready to give the group from Training at ServiceTitan some incite to the garage door vertical market to give them a better understanding of what is going on and how it works! They want to know the difference between the garage door industry and HVAC - My first thought big difference!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

To me, the biggest difference is the sheer number of garage doors we can sell a customer, which in turn makes our pricebooks have the potential to be very large.  Other than that, the garage door industry has less complexity than HVAC in many areas and makes life simpler when setting up Service Titan.  Most of our service techs can run all the different job types so we dont need a ton of differentiation there or the use of technician skills and the software works well for our industry.  The only other big difference between HVAC and Garage Doors is the size of the average company.  A good sized Garage Door Company is 15 to 20 people, whereas that would still be considered relatively small.  This also means that most garage door companies don't have a point person that focuses just on their software or processes and procedures, so implementation can be much more difficult without the resources of people to get the most out of Service Titan.  That said, those that are able to harness its power can really blow their competition away, and I view it as an incredible competitive advantage.  

Element Mist

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AdamCronenberg

To me, the biggest difference is the sheer number of garage doors we can sell a customer, which in turn makes our pricebooks have the potential to be very large.  Other than that, the garage door industry has less complexity than HVAC in many areas and makes life simpler when setting up Service Titan.  Most of our service techs can run all the different job types so we dont need a ton of differentiation there or the use of technician skills and the software works well for our industry.  The only other big difference between HVAC and Garage Doors is the size of the average company.  A good sized Garage Door Company is 15 to 20 people, whereas that would still be considered relatively small.  This also means that most garage door companies don't have a point person that focuses just on their software or processes and procedures, so implementation can be much more difficult without the resources of people to get the most out of Service Titan.  That said, those that are able to harness its power can really blow their competition away, and I view it as an incredible competitive advantage.  

Element Mist