Jobs on hold may not be what I am trying to do

Jay_Goodrow
New Contributor

Hi Everyone!

First day here and I have a question maybe someone can help with? When I sell a garage door job and now have to wait for materials which nowadays can be weeks/ months, what is the proper process? I am marking the estimate as sold and Titan wants me to book a job so I book an install job but have to put on hold. I then tag that job with " to be ordered" and "waiting on parts" and so when I look at the job tray in dispatch I can see the tags under the hold jobs.

It just gets really crowded and my map gets messed up a bit too. Is there a different way to do this, maybe with tasks or something? I wish we could A) create an estimate without booking a job because we get calls for just pricing upfront -we can't afford to go to every prospect first, we are a 2 person team and B) have a way to follow a job / order while we wait for materials.

Not a lot of clarity on specific processes regarding the garage door industry, any help is appreciated. Thanks everyone!

4 REPLIES 4

shamrockOHD
New Contributor

Hey Jay! pretty cool to see you here! Hopefully it all worked out👍

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hi Jay,

Happy to help here.  You will want to convert the sold estimate to the new install job and then put the job on hold.  I recommend custom fields to keep track of all these jobs with the crazy leads times we see in the garage door industry.  If you want to Direct Message me, I can send you a video I use to keep track of all our door install jobs.  Also, there is a dedicated Service Titan group for garage door companies that may be better able to help with all garage related items.  I am inviting you to it now.

Element Mist

Hi Adam,

Could I please see the video of how this work flow works as well? We went live with ST in October and it definitely looks messy booking jobs for months out based on what the expected lead time is on product! 

Thank you!

AdamCronenberg

Sorry Jay, just realized you posted that in the Garage Titans forum.  I have been out for a while with knee surgery and just getting back to being on the community regularly.  Welcome to the group and let us know how we can help.

Element Mist