IDEA: Apply Discount to Only Materials or Labor

erinpbradley
Contributor

Vote for my idea! COMMUNITY-I-2032

It would be great to have the option to apply a discount to only labor, materials, or equipment depending on the situation. We like to offer friends & family a discount on materials, but charge them our usual labor rate. I can do this in Quickbooks, but not in ST.

6 REPLIES 6

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I have been talking heavily with the ST pricebook team as discounts and fees need an overhaul on how they are handled.  Good news is they agree.  You also should be able to discount a second sold estimate if needed to get the deal across the line and not have it apply to everything on the invoice.  I know addons are a thing but the discounts arent always the same level and there isnt the flexibility required currently to match what happens in the field.  We end up with a lot of $1 discount tasks where the technician changes the quantity sold (we dont let them change the item price) and it just isnt as clean as it could be.  Also, the order of operations in which fees, discounts and tax can be a challenge if the customer gets out their calculator to starting making sure they got every penny of that coupon and discount.

Element Mist

That's exciting @AdamCronenberg! We have struggled with the order of operations as well. In some cases, ST calculates the discount differently than QB does and we have issues when we export the invoice over and sales tax is wrong. Creates a mismatch that is tough to fix. I've had to escalate to support each time.

JessicaSmith

Agree! I wish I could apply a percent discount to just one or certain items on an invoice. Like if I want to offer a 30% discount on IAQ equipment, I should be able to set it only on the IAQ line item on the invoice and not, say, a capacitor repair we did as well.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

Yes! It would be nice if we could add a discount and then select check boxes or something to apply it to certain line items on the invoice.

reneem

Voted!

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member

JessicaSmith

I'll vote for this because it's a great idea!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions