Memberships/Recurring Billing not Charging Sales Tax for "all locations"

CGalligan
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I noticed that memberships that are set to "all locations" are not calculating sales tax. Our system is setup to calculate sales tax based on the zip code that corresponds with a tax zone. Recurring billing invoices (Membership invoices) that are under "all locations" do not have a service location on the invoice and I believe this is where the issue is stemming from. 

Since there is no way to set a tax zone on the membership or on the customer, the only work around I have found is to manually edit each recurring invoice and change the tax zone. This is very time consuming. Does anyone else have a better solution? 

If you are using recurring billing you might want to double check that the sales tax is calculating correctly on any memberships that are set to all locations

1 REPLY 1

LBabayan
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @CGalligan, thanks for bringing this topic to our attention.  Let's see if one of our experts in Memberships can weigh in. @Rachel_Young have you worked with or have suggestions for accurately calculating sales tax for memberships that are set to "all locations"?