Warranty help....

dmbueno
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Needs some advice...or am curious if anyone has a way they do it that might be easier?

Not sure if anyone here deals with the warranties as well? I register all the equipment we install. I try to do it weekly, but it depends on everything else going on (Def make sure it is registered within 30 days of date of install). I try once a week to go back through, find all the installs and write a ticket for myself (haha...yeah, old school ticket, the carbon copy invoices we used to use before ServiceTitan). I keep them in a work box until I have the time to register them all. (I am horrible with "out of sight, out of mind" type stuff...I am one of those people who lives on post it notes!) Does anyone have a way that works well for them...

Also for warranties, I process the warranty parts that are replaced. Since I do the invoicing I see when someone changes out warranty parts and so I try to keep up with all that are replaced to get the credits. I have my guys bring back the parts inside the box they just used...and take pictures of the model and serial numbers of the systems they worked on so that I can have everything needed to process for credits (most the time, my guys are good about this, but not always)...does anyone else do this too that they have a process that works for them?

The ways I am currently doing it works for me, just wanting to see if someone has something that might work better? Or is there something in ServiceTitan I could be utilizing better? Maybe less time consuming? 

You ladies are awesome and I appreciate every one of you!!!

8 REPLIES 8

RandiThompson

For installs we print the invoice as a pullsheet that goes out to our warehouse to pull the materials and equipment, they stick the m# & S# stickers on the pullsheet and bring it back to our install dispatcher. She then enters the S#'s on the invoice and keeps the weeks pullsheets in a folder. The techs also have a required form at the end of all installs that make them take pics of the m# & s# plates. When the week is complete the dispatcher audits the invoice and registers the warranty (from the pullsheet folder)

We have warranty job types set up and have a required SCA form the techs have to fill out before completing the job. We have an alert that sends an email to our warranty processor when the form is filled out. You could also create an alert to send an email when a completed job for your install job types as a register warranty reminder. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

For installs - my office manager created a Zap with Zapier (it integrates with ST). So, when it is a job within the install business unit, it creates a task in task management notifying me that I need to register a warranty for such and such a customer. Then I leave that task open until it is completed so we don't forget to register the warranty. Before this Zap, the install tech would email me a photo of the equipment's MN and SN and I would leave the email unread until I registered the unit. I am also an out of sight, out of mind person. That's why I like the tasks or emails so I can leave them in my inbox until I complete them so I don't forget about them!

For parts: We have a job tag called "needs warranty". So we add this tag to a job where warranty parts will need processed. Once the office manager has processed the warranty, she then removes this "needs warranty" tag and replaces it with a "warranty completed" tag to help keep track of it. (You can also search by tag to find the jobs that still need to have warranty processed to ensure you haven't forgotten any!)

I hope this helps! Everyone will have different ways of doing things. One isn't necessarily better than another - just find what works for you. 😊 

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling

@KhianaKlatt This is a neat idea! I didn't know you could use Zapier to make tasks in ST.. What other Zaps do you all use?

Gulfshore Air Conditioning, Niceville FL
CSR/Dispatcher Group Moderator & LadyTitans Member

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

@mirdesch is my Zap hero. She can give you some ideas of ones she implements here for us!

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling

@mirdesch can we schedule a webchat I'd love to hear more about how you use Zapier for your business. 

Sure! Can you direct message your email address? Also have you watched the webinar that Servicetitan put out about 6 months ago on zapier? Its where i got all my zaps from.

dmbueno

Def gonna have to look into zaps!!!

krista-gac
Contributor II

@dmbueno  We use google sheets for both. 

Installation - has a master spreadsheet for tracking the stage of the installation process. To include submissions of warranty, rebates, total ending GP%,  install team, type of install (residential vs commercial). 

Parts - we have a master parts order that shows, job number, where the tech ordered it from, estimated ETA so office can follow up if not received by then, date received, scheduling essentials (how many techs, how many hrs), warranty. This way our warehouse team can then review the sheet for the ones that are warranty and know which distributor to send parts and paperwork to.