Creating a sub task using Zapier- but I need a specific task ID...

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I'm trying to build a zap that creates a task and a series of subtasks. Since task id is a required field on the subtask, it seems to me that I actually need two separate zaps, and the second would start after the first completes. HOWEVER, there is no "Find Task ID" event- how am I ever supposed to use Zapier to create subtasks as I need if I can only create a subtask on a static task ID?

Am I missing something? Tagging in @BCN 

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JessicaSmith

Got the answer courtesy of @SteveCossette : When you create the main task, Zapier should return the task ID. Which then you can use to create the subtasks.

After you test the step that creates a task, you can pull in the task ID to your next step.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JessicaSmith

Got the answer courtesy of @SteveCossette : When you create the main task, Zapier should return the task ID. Which then you can use to create the subtasks.

After you test the step that creates a task, you can pull in the task ID to your next step.