PO Generation on Sold Estimate

ZMR-TBHVAC
New Contributor III

I have searched through the ServiceTitan Community posts, and can't find an answer, so maybe posting myself will help!

We have our inventory mostly setup. All we need now is to have a process that works like this:

• Tech in field sells an estimate.
  • Estimate is prepared to change to a scheduled job.
  • Auto-generate a PO with any materials from that estimate that are zero or negative.
  • Office purchases PO (Puts info into ServiceTitan)
  • Job gets scheduled with attached materials on the job.

Is this possible at the moment with ServiceTitan and its inventory? If not, that is a shame, and hopefully will be available soon, or can be requested. If it is available, please help me figure out how to put this into action.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Zachariah Rose

4 REPLIES 4

LBabayan
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

@ZMR-TBHVAC, thanks for getting back to me. 

So, the workflows are totally different depending on the module you're using for your company. If you have Purchasing module enabled, POs can be automatically triggered with replenishment. If you use the Inventory module, you can enable "Allow negative qty" under Inventory Settings. If you also have Inventory templates, you can set minimum and maximum qty that will regulate the inventory replenishment process. Please keep in mind that if you have "Serialised Inventory tracking" we strongly encourage you NOT to have "Allow negative qty" on. 

The choice fully depends on the way you run your business, I will highly recommend you reach out to your success manager to assist you with a workflow setup that will absolutely suit your business needs. 

LBabayan

Hi @ZMR-TBHVAC

Thanks for your posting. The current process is similar to what you have described above, however, Purchase Orders are created manually either from the Inventory tab > Purchase Orders > Create New, or from the invoice page itself. POs can be marked not auto-received or auto-received.

Please refer to these articles to get more information and let me know if I can be helpful. 

ZMR-TBHVAC
New Contributor III

So it is not possible to make it through ServiceTitan, that when an estimate is signed, it checks what inventory items are at a count less than what is needed, and auto-generated a PO? Or at least some list that shows us what we need to order for that job to be done?

ZMR-TBHVAC
New Contributor III

Does anyone know if it is possible to do something like this within service titan?