Slow Times

taylorc_
New Contributor II

Hello friends! 

Looking for some suggestions on the first plan of action when the schedule starts to slow down unexpectedly. Email blasts, maintenance visits, social media? And what types of deals do you focus on... promos? What type of equipment?

Any advice is helpful! Thanks in advance! 

18 REPLIES 18

BrennanAnnie
New Contributor II

I own a digital marketing agency which means I think that marketing is a combination of everything. But, when times are slow, I start thinking along the lines of what problem needs to be solved right now, at this very second, and I use email marketing for that.  For example. If it's slow and I wake up to rain, I immediately send out emails for my roofing, chimney, and landscaping clients because they all solve issues when it is raining. Without exception, these clients will receive responses based on these emails, and they will have new jobs scheduled within the hour. I Email marketing is one of the fastest ways to get new business, especially if you make a point of helping the customer solve a problem.  

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

We've been trying out the powerdialer in phones pro during this slow down!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

We do not have Phones Pro, but we have been looking into it. Do you mind sharing what you like most about it?

Do you have marketing pro? If so when you create an audience this creates a list for you for phones as well, you can download this and use to dial out without phones pro. 

If not you can create a report or segment a list with the looking glass and the audience builder on the left hand side dependent on your criteria.

If the phones are slow, here are a few ideas:
Rehash the missed conversions in any job type within a certain time frame
Tactics: Email, DM (depending on time frame), outbound, remarketing
Nurture & reward the membership:  Holiday treats, special coupons from the community( we used to do a turkey coupon from a large grocery store)
Existing clients service due or missed opportunity in the home or business: Educate, nurture and as k for refferals , thank them... 
Community efforts- this time of year is the time for giving back, let everyone know how they can help support your company's efforts.
Planning for next year so that the inconsistency and seasonality demands aren't sharp peaks and valleys. 

Hope this helps! 

taylorc_
New Contributor II

Extremely helpful - thank you!!!

MirandaMel

Jessica has a great point about the abandoned calls list being shorter...significant improvement in reclassifying calls!  I love that outbound calls are recorded.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

JessicaSmith

Did you know you don't need phones pro for outbound call recording?

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

MirandaMel

What????  I was not aware of that...but I started using Phones Pro over two years ago so maybe that was just a back then thing?

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

JessicaSmith

Nope- I've been making outbound calls from ST without phones pro since 2018- you click the phone number in ST, it calls you on whatever number you have set in your user profile, then when you answer it connects you to the customer. Can record outbound calls from techs in the field the same way!!