Paying Technicians for an Event

RoRowell
New Contributor II

We have a weekly training event at the end of the workday. Each week on the day of the event, we are having to delete the event because it pays them for the entire day (first thing in the morning) and it will not let them sign into their jobs. Is there something that is configured wrong in our settings?

9 REPLIES 9

Premium22
New Contributor II

Do you have this scheduled on the dispatch board for the techs? If not you should try and add it to the dispatch board then choose paid training so they are paid for just the hours they are in the event. Also you need to be sure to check off both of the boxes when creating an event on the dispatch board so that it doesn't mess with their clock in and outs. 

RoRowell
New Contributor II

Yes.  The event is scheduled on the dispatch board and it is set up for paid training.  Can you tell me which of the two boxes you are talking about that I should check off?

Premium22
New Contributor II

These two boxes.

Screenshot 2022-10-27 082527.png

RoRowell
New Contributor II

No we don't.  Are we supposed to?

sjaeger
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

That's a tough one!  I assume the event is created for just the time period it will take place, for example, 4 pm-5 pm.  I can't imagine the timesheet code causing the issue, but I would check the settings for that timesheet code to see if there might be a problem.  This link will walk you through timesheet codes: https://help.servicetitan.com/how-to/setup-timesheet-codes

The only other thing I can think of is an Account Conf that is not correct.  You will need to contact support so they can look at your conf. to see if there are any conflicts.

RoRowell
New Contributor II

Thanks so much! I will try the link.

RoRowell
New Contributor II

Thank you both for replying.  I'm going to try to answer your questions to the best of my ability.  We are new to ST (since April) and obviously have not completely grasped the system.

The technicians are supposed to be paid for the event.
They did work all day prior to the event.
Simple Clock in/out is enabled.
They typically do not clock into the event as it appears that ST already pays them for the event.

Our problem is that the training is in the evening and on the morning of the event, their timesheets already show them as being paid for 12 hours for the day and it will not let them clock into the jobs that they are working on throughout the day.  To solve this issue, we took the event off of their schedule and then placed it back on right before the training session.

sjaeger

Sorry, but I have a lot of questions to try and fiquer out what's going wrong.

Are they supposed to be paid for the event? 

Did they work all day before the event?

Are you using the simple clock in/out configueration?

Do they also clock in and out of the event?

RandiThompson

Do they clock in to the event at the end of the day but never clock out of it? 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating