Pricebook

MorganNovelli
New Contributor II

Hey Everyone ! 

Just curious as to how other companies are using the Pricebook. Being that we are a Plumbing, Gas and HVAC company we deal with many different materials, equipment etc. We are re-vamping our pricebook and would like any recommendations 😊

Thank you ! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jeremy_Wick
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hey @MorganNovelli, The pricebook is one of my favourite features in ST.  Building a Pricebook can seem daunting but if you concentrate on one trade at a time it can break the work out into smaller chunks.  For Materials I like to have a naming convention to avoid duplicate materials - ie if I can get a 1/2" Copper 90 from Emco / Wolseley / Andrew Sherret etc your materials list can get out of control.  I use a naming convention of the material the size then the type, for a 1/2" Copper 90 i use the code COP1290 Black Iron I use BLK2NIP for a 2" Nipple - this keeps all the materials consistent and it makes the materials easier to find for the techs.  Equipment I use the Model Number and I create a New Service for Each Equipment Install, for the Service Side of the install I use I-Model Number for individual pieces (this makes it really easy to attach the equipment to the service) Dynamic Pricing is a must!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jeremy_Wick

Hey @MorganNovelli, The pricebook is one of my favourite features in ST.  Building a Pricebook can seem daunting but if you concentrate on one trade at a time it can break the work out into smaller chunks.  For Materials I like to have a naming convention to avoid duplicate materials - ie if I can get a 1/2" Copper 90 from Emco / Wolseley / Andrew Sherret etc your materials list can get out of control.  I use a naming convention of the material the size then the type, for a 1/2" Copper 90 i use the code COP1290 Black Iron I use BLK2NIP for a 2" Nipple - this keeps all the materials consistent and it makes the materials easier to find for the techs.  Equipment I use the Model Number and I create a New Service for Each Equipment Install, for the Service Side of the install I use I-Model Number for individual pieces (this makes it really easy to attach the equipment to the service) Dynamic Pricing is a must!