What challenges do you face?

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

What challenges are you facing as a ST user or as a company in the trades? Do you have any questions or scenarios that you are looking for expert advice in? πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Please take a second to drop your question or concern below in the comments. Additionally, if you have a spare moment, please be a kind and generous community member and help a fellow member out by commenting back to someone if you know the answer to their question or if you can help them find the right answer. Let’s help each other out and watch our community grow! 🌱   

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling
13 REPLIES 13

LockLevi
New Contributor III

As a Locksmith and Canadian Company in BC, one of the biggest problems we have run into is the way that Service Titan does their taxes. In BC we have two types of taxes: GST and PST. One is a Provincial tax and the other is a General Sales Tax. GST 99% of the time gets charged to everything and every company, but PST is kind of different. Some companies can be PST exempt and will not pay this tax at all, which is an easy solve. You create a different tax zone, but the problem we ran into is that some companies will not pay PST on what is called Real Property (Anything that is a permanent part of the building ie door locks, door closers etc....) but they will pay PST on something like keys or key fobs, which is not 'real property'. Service Titan does not have a simple way to make it so that I do not charge PST on, for instance, a door lock, but I do charge PST on a set of keys on the same invoice. We did find a workaround for our problem, but it requires a little more work. Has anyone else run into this problem or is this just a Locksmith problem haha? Hopefully, you read this far LOL....

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

What if you were to mark specific items as taxable or not?  Would that make them also not charge the GST?

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

LockLevi
New Contributor III

Yes, it then charges no tax at all. We still need to always bill the GST.

koiring
Contributor

I agree, the reporting has too many limitations - or you need to run several reports and then combine them to get the data you want.

Jeremy_Wick
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

@MirandaMel what are some of the reports you are trying to run?  I might be able to help.  This is my Go To for Report Building, it lets you know every field available in the reporting category:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13LmHn7gimYdZ3PZsNHZjAkULio03h66Krsnd0Jixf3A/edit#gid=0

Hope that helps

One example would be a month-end WIP report.  Around the 20th of the month I need to run a report of all unbilled jobs at the end of the previous month.  For example, December 20th I need to run a report for November 30th.  The report needs to include all job costs up to November 30th.  The problem is that there is no cut off for the costs.  So I run the report with costs for all jobs created before Dec 1 that are not exported, then I get someone to open each of the jobs and check the dates of the costs and remove costs from December 1-20.

Jeremy_Wick

Are you using the new project tracking report - WIP Project Summary 3?  This report gives you a Transactions From - To filter that should isolate those costs out.

Jeremy_Wick_0-1701627790892.png

I don't have that report - but also, I think that only tracks projects, we need it for all jobs and projects.

Jeremy_Wick

That is true it only tracks projects