Personality testing!

BayleeR
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hey Lovely LadyTitans! 

I am new around here👋, but learning how amazing of a resource we have here isn’t this group and community as a whole! In the monthly meeting yesterday we briefly touched on the personalities of employees and how we could test for that and learn how we can best see our employees and more of less know them truly and and what makes them thrive/ tick. In the past I’ve taken color personality tests, enneagram, and even the Meyers & Briggs. I have been shocked at how accurate and helpful they can be! 

Do many of you actually implement this in your business? Have you noticed it being beneficial? What specifically do you test for? Would you be willing to share what tests have been the most effective? 

Thank you all so much! 

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

BayleeR

I thought you might enjoy this question! Thanks 😉

View solution in original post

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

When I accepted the job offer to work here, the office manager had me complete an online test to see how I learn best (ie - am I a visual learner). She used this to know how best to train me for my new position. This can be really helpful! However, I can see how personality tests would be beneficial as well so you know who to pair together on the team as partners or who would do best in what position/who would find certain projects more exciting than others, etc. I've done the Meyers and Briggs and I agree, it is very interesting how accurate they are! I've also seen online tests that show how depending on your sibling arrangement (ie: are you the oldest in the family) it can affect your personality and these are accurate as well! I find this super interesting. Can't wait to hear more!

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling

Miranda

I didn't get a position at another company because of the results of my personality assessment.

I have never heard of the sibling arrangement making a difference! I would be interested to know more about that! 

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

BayleeR

Glad this may help you too !! 😉

14 REPLIES 14

BayleeR

For sure, training absorption is crucial, so many people learn so much better without the pressure of on the job stress, though I find I retain knowledge better on the job under pressure! Crazy!! 

Team Partnering is a great usage of this too! I think that just the idea of "feeling known" by those in charge or those employing you can be a massive asset. I think employee tend to serve better those they feel most seen and known by, in comparison to being another number. 

I will keep you up to date as to what we decide to implement and results! 

Miranda

I didn't get a position at another company because of the results of my personality assessment.

I have never heard of the sibling arrangement making a difference! I would be interested to know more about that! 

BayleeR

Ahh.. yes with us being the youngin's of our families! I would be curious to see how they truly relate this because sometime is can make a person more responsible to have seen their older siblings mistakes and learn from them and sometimes they are spoiled rotten and have no common sense.. 🤔

Miranda

I love personality tests! I would be glad to hear input on this as well! Great questions!

BayleeR

I thought you might enjoy this question! Thanks 😉