Notes on Customer Record Redesign/Notes Data Set

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Please vote for this idea if you like it and get your friends to upvote it as well!!!

COMMUNITY-I-2116

Anyone who has ever had to deal with an upset customer knows that the information within Service Titan is invaluable on researching what happened with a customer.  From the Calls being recorded, to the audit trail with time stamp, to forms, pictures and just the general work flow information captured make researching serious customer escalation issues a breeze.  The notes on jobs are a huge feature but it also is a pain to try and find the relevant information in an orderly manner, especially when team members leave notes on the job, location, and customer record and with no easy way to determine the order of the notes, who left the note and what the situation was.  Pinned notes taking these out of chronological order also make this tough.  Still not sure why half my office staff and techs think they need to pin a note to make it recorded in the system, but that is a different matter.  All of this makes trying to research any escalation issue very time consuming.  All the data is there with time stamps but you have to go through the customer's record thoroughly to make sure you have a good chronological understanding of what occurred.  It would be nice if on the customer page, there was a note section where you could see all the notes that were left on that customers profile with the date and time stamp.  I could see it having headers of Location, Project, Job and all with the date and time/stamp data and the ability to then sort/filter by location, project, job if so desired but also the ability to easily see and read all notes across a customer's profile regardless of where the note is stored to see what is going on and then be more easily able to fully and accurately handle the escalation.  This doesn't have to be on the customer page, but a notes data set in custom reports with the ability to see and sort/filter this information as mentioned above would also do the trick as the vast majority of the time, basic notes are fine but when you deal with a real serious escalation and need to know what is going on, being able to access the notes information easily would be invaluable.  This ones for you Cousin Brucie!  @Ccjohnson 

Element Mist
5 REPLIES 5

reneem

For customer complaints, we book a job. This way the phone calls, the notes, the resolution, are all put on that job and invoice. We made a business unit called "non-job" and it is the only job type that you can book with that business unit. It has really helped us track it better since task management hasn't been built out enough to really make customer complaints handled thoroughly. Also, with jobs, you can set an alert, so anytime a customer complaint job is booked, all managers are notified so that it gets fixed as quickly as possible.

I limit notes on the customer page because really a note should only be added if the note pertains to ALL future jobs. SAme with location notes. If not it gets very mudded and confusing when a customer calls in for a CSR to look through all unrelated and irrelevant notes.

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member

JessicaSmith

@knorris what do you think of this for complaints?

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

knorris
New Contributor III

I like this idea! I spend a lot of time trying to remind them of where the best place to put each kind of notes. 

Karmen Norris
Operations Manager, Always Affordable Plumbing & HVAC

RandiThompson

I'm following you on this one, but I can see it being a little muddy on the customer page..with multiple locations.

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

JessicaSmith

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions