Filtering job types for reporting

jamied
Contributor

We have a number of non-job job types such as "phone call", "parts list", "vehicle maintenance", "inspection", "prep" etc.  

I want to pull job reports and filter these jobs out since they show as $0 jobs and will be included in the count.

Someone suggested classifying the job types into classes which I was able to do, however, in actual reports I have not found a way to filter by job classes, or to filter in or out multiple job types.  The current filter will allow for 2 exact job types.  Actually, I haven't seen any place to filter by the job classes (not types).  

For example: we want to pull an ops report (or any report based on jobs)  and get a count of all jobs except these non-job job types.  I know there must be a way...…

Any suggestions?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

emily_r
Contributor

I use the "Technician Jobs" report to run this kind of data. In the "Edit Columns" button, there is a Job Class column that can be added. I would then change the filter to "Is One Of", which will give you a drop-down list from which you can select multiple job classes. I do the same thing, just with job types.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

emily_r
Contributor

I use the "Technician Jobs" report to run this kind of data. In the "Edit Columns" button, there is a Job Class column that can be added. I would then change the filter to "Is One Of", which will give you a drop-down list from which you can select multiple job classes. I do the same thing, just with job types.

Thank you!

DWasicek
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

You can also filter "Is not one of" which is great. You can also filter out $0.00 invoices if you'd like. You definitely need to run the report in order to use the filters.

Dawn

ServiceTitan Certified Coach

As I was filtering and running a report this afternoon, I realized you have to run the report before you can access the "Is One Of" drop down list. If you try to do it before running the report, it shows no data. 🙂

wch_alex
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hi, every time I want to make a report I first figure out what I need in terms of categories from there I consult the Great "Reports 2.0 KPIs" which contains all possible combinations of reports. This can be very helpful when making reports and can make the process much faster sometimes.

In the link I sent you I do see "classes" under jobs and invoices. I hope this helps!

If this helped please leave a kudo below!