asnow
Valued Contributor II

Have you ever wondered what the average call booking rate is among all of our ServiceTitan users? Well we have the data!

We were very surprised to see what the average call booking rate was. Our team shared our findings in this blog post. 

Take a few minutes to read, and weigh in on your thoughts. Do you think 90% is attainable? Where is your company currently performing and what are you doing to increase your booking rate? 

4 Comments
ksmith_c
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

This is a great post @asnow 

My team routinely hit 90%+ , their baseline KPI is 85% - we view it daily, we discuss challenges and how to approach them, and we review it weekly. What's measured is managed.

It is absolutely attainable if you invest in your CSRs. They're too vital NOT to invest in!

We're using Power Selling Pros coaching because they're positive, they train to methods/processes instead of scripts, and they believe in elevating customer experiences.  

I shared the blog with my CSR/DSR team members, and we talked about this part in particular: 

Consider the calculations made by Black Diamond. Dagner estimated an average ticket of $600. An 20 additional calls booked per day means $12,000 per day, which conservatively means $250,000 per month, which means $3 million per year.

Can any of us really afford to leave that money sitting on the table for lack of investment in our front line staff? I don't think so. The fact is that the CSR/DSR team have a lot to do with our Field team members success - they set all of the initial experience, which helps the entire division, and the entire company, reach goals. 

sambott1
Contributor

I was shocked when I saw this number. My company (albeit a smaller company) has a booking average of 90% YTD. Last year we were at 88%. We are very aggressive with our job-booking policies.

jaalahig
New Contributor II

I am glad Service Titan was able to obtain this average. I asked previously but the data had not been collected. We have been actively training and challenging our team members on their booking rates. I am proud to say we have had a few months that our daytime call center average was 90%. We have increased our goal to maintain 85% or above overall. @asnow your training videos in Service Titan toolbox on how to achieve a 95% booking rate and maintaining control of the call have been most helpful! I believe that the CSR or face of the company is the most important role. Our expectation for our CSRs was 75% but with time, training and coaching not only did we realize we could raise the bar - we should. I will say our highest revenue month in our company history was also our highest call booking average month to date.

asnow
Valued Contributor II

I love hearing that you have all been able to achieve higher booking rates with appropriate training! 

In response to @ksmith_c 's comment here: 

"Consider the calculations made by Black Diamond. Dagner estimated an average ticket of $600. An 20 additional calls booked per day means $12,000 per day, which conservatively means $250,000 per month, which means $3 million per year.

Can any of us really afford to leave that money sitting on the table for lack of investment in our front line staff? I don't think so. The fact is that the CSR/DSR team have a lot to do with our Field team members success - they set all of the initial experience, which helps the entire division, and the entire company, reach goals."

YOU ARE RIGHT!! This is HUGE! As CSRs and dispatchers, we have a LOT to do with our overall revenue and success of the company. Thanks for sharing!