Greener Homes Energy Grants

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hey, Fellow Canadians!

What challengers are you facing with the Greener Homes grants?  Are you finding shortages of supply to be an issue?  Any tips or tricks?

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning
4 REPLIES 4

ashley_c1
New Contributor II

We were having a HECK of a time with service providers creating accounts and GC keys for customers and "helping" them with the applications- however customers would forget their log in information or not know that they needed to keep us up to date with information. This would delay our progress HUGE. 

Once we built a relationship with a service organization - things moved smoothly along as we were able to both change our processes to help our customers and have fluidity between our conversations. 

Ashley Gulevich
Director of Administration
Coastal Heat Pumps
Victoria -BC- Canada

MorganNovelli
New Contributor II

@MirandaMel 

I know this is a late reply, but currently most of our customers have dealt with CleanBC Better Homes which is all the current grants for mini-splits etc. They are ending all grants as of March 1st or 31st, 2024. Our customers can still thankfully submit our quote and get a pre-registered numbered to guarantee that even if our suppliers can't accommodate our timeline the customer doesn't miss out on the grant. Also a big kicker is that all gas rebates are now no longer available for anyone wanting to switch to gas or upgrade their current appliances. 

MirandaMel

Oh wow, that is a very long wait!  The grant is just starting to gain traction here so I could foresee that becoming an issue.  We had a supply problem last year but it seems to be much better now.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Hey Miranda! What a great question. I know you are in BC so it may differ from over here in ON. For us, our biggest challenge is there is currently a month wait for clients to receive their energy assessment. So after their quote from us, they are waiting a long time to be approved for the GHG and receive their install. 

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling