Visa Debit – how to work around this

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

We have many clients here in Canada who prefer to use a Visa Debit Card. Currently, they cannot pay with this through ST so, they cannot call in their card over the phone and pay with it nor can they pay their bill online with it. Many times, when a client has a Visa Debit it is because they use it only and do not own a credit card. Recently, I had a client who wanted to sign up for a monthly plan with us however, she only had a Visa Debit. As a workaround she gave us a year’s worth of postdated cheques we can deposit each month to cover the cost of her membership. This worked but it is inconvenient. Many clients do not use cheques anymore. We will also have to remember to go back to her in a year to collect next year’s membership payments.  

Do you have any other workaround ideas for this scenario? Drop your ideas below that you have found to be successful! Our only other option was to bring a debit machine to her home each month, but this was not practical to arrange. 

To vote for the idea of adding Visa Debit as a payment option in ST please visit: COMMUNITY-I-3932 

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling
9 REPLIES 9

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

An update from Megan at Service Titan: "Visa debits: I wasn't letting that one go and I had to reach out to the Fintech team on that. So it had to do with not having a partner that would support Canadian Debit Cards. HOWEVER, the fintech team is working with Elavon to see if we can get this addressed. We don't have any formal agreements or dates on that yet, but I will keep you all posted if I hear anything else with that."

Khiana Klatt

Jeremy_Wick
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

I have used Rotessa for monthly membership collecting, here's the link - https://rotessa.com/?campaignid=1678982525&adgroupid=68224922587&adid=325814233910&utm_source=google...

With Rotessa you can do a bank pull from your customers account - this can be set-up for recurring payments - the draw is that you have to manually add the payment 🙄.  We would always ask first for a credit card and Rotessa was only an option if they did not have a Credit Card.  The other draw was that if we set the withdrawal date for the 15th the funds would not be taken/received until a couple days later.  Of course your legal team will need to get involved to draft an authorization letter from the customer allowing you to withdraw funds from their bank.

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

I haven't heard of this before. Thanks for sharing! I can see how this could be a helpful option as we do have some clients who do not have credit cards. I appreciate your honesty with sharing the downfalls it has as well. Definitely something to think about! I will pass along this information to our office manager and see her thoughts so we can research Rotessa more and see if it is worth it or not for us.

Khiana Klatt

TamCSR
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hey! By any chance, did you try this solution? 

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

No, we have not tried it at our company. It would be a lot of work for us to reach out to our legal team to draft a letter and to add the payment manually. We have been using other workarounds in the meantime. Hopefully ST will allow Visa Debit in the future though! 🤞 

Khiana Klatt

koiring
Contributor

We have had to keep our Moneris account for these purposes.  You can type in Visa Debit there.

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

I'm glad you have found an option that works for your team. We have a third party company we use for our credit/debit machines. We use Elavon and they accept Visa Debit. 

Khiana Klatt

We also use Elavon.  How do we get registered for Visa Debit use?

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

ST doesn't offer payments with VisaDebit unfortunately. VisaDebit is not a thing in the USA. I am hoping this new Canadian Group will show ST that they have Canadian users and introducing VisaDebit as a payment would be super helpful for us! 

Khiana Klatt