Certification Tips and Pointers?

dmbueno
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

My first post...so hoping this is ok to post?

Asking for advice...tips...pointers...anything to help. I am super excited to be working on my ServiceTitan certification. At first, I was thinking we have been with ServiceTitan almost 2 years now, this will be a piece of cake. OMG...was I wrong. But it is soooo cool! I am learning so many things that I was never originally taught that we could have been utilizing this whole time! And I am starting to implement a lot of these things as I find them. I'm realizing how many things we have been doing wrong...or could have been doing a lot easier. 

There are a lot of things that we do not use...and packages that we are not signed up for (examples...Zoning, Marketing, Inventory and so much more). So I am so grateful that someone on Facebook got me to register for this!

However...small rather busy office, I am the only office staff (so not a lot of down time while at the office especially during the busiest season)...with a long commute each day...and kids (between my boyfriend and I, we have 5) and 2 dogs and 4 cats and I am struggling finding time to study and go through all the training for it. 

For the Ladies who have finished the certification...or are working on it...how do you find time? What are your tips and secrets to not being overwhelmed by it? Thanks in advanced. You all are awesome!!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cortney_SPUD
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi!  I'm new to this community and testing my first "reply."  🙂  Your question caught my attention becuase I'm SO close to completing the certification process and have discovered something that has helped me (but didn't realize it until abouth hafl-way through.  There's SO much information to absorb that you're not going to get everything your first time through the reading/practicing.  When I feel like I have a "pretty good" understanding of everything, I take the Level 1 Exam.  Often I pass, sometimes I don't.  And that's okay.  The ST team wants you to learn and be of service, which comes with time.  If I fail a test on my first try, that shows me where to go back and focus harder and often THOSE are the items that really stick with me becuase I had to work harder to figure them out.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

dmbueno

I want to personally say thank you to all you amazing ladies! As of yesterday...I am officially certified! I passed and wow it does feel good. Proud of myself! You all gave some amazing advice! I didn't think I'd have the time to get it all done...especially with the goal to have it completed before Pantheon. An awesome way to start the weekend!!!

Cortney_SPUD

Hi!  I'm new to this community and testing my first "reply."  🙂  Your question caught my attention becuase I'm SO close to completing the certification process and have discovered something that has helped me (but didn't realize it until abouth hafl-way through.  There's SO much information to absorb that you're not going to get everything your first time through the reading/practicing.  When I feel like I have a "pretty good" understanding of everything, I take the Level 1 Exam.  Often I pass, sometimes I don't.  And that's okay.  The ST team wants you to learn and be of service, which comes with time.  If I fail a test on my first try, that shows me where to go back and focus harder and often THOSE are the items that really stick with me becuase I had to work harder to figure them out.  Good luck!

jwarren
New Contributor III

Hey! I would book 30 minutes out of every other day to dedicate to the Certified Admin program. If there were days that I had more time, that was an added bonus. Not that you should spend home time on work things, but when my insomnia would kick in I would use that time to do some work on the courses. 

Don't give up, keep going! I promise it will be worth it in the end. You haven't even finished and you are already implementing things from what you have learned! You are a rockstart!

krista-gac
Contributor II

My plan was to start in March..... Haven't even started yet! But my goal is to book in my calendar 30min daily, sometime between 10-11:30 or 1-2:30. I use google calendar and task to plan out my day weekly so each day the 30min time would be different. 

Gulfshore Air Conditioning, Niceville FL
CSR/Dispatcher Group Moderator & LadyTitans Member

Miranda

I would agree with @MirandaMel . We have a very busy small office as well so it was a challenge to find time to dedicate to that. We have team training for about an hour every Tuesday morning, so I would work on it then, but I realize not everyone has that. The other times that I found were the easiest to focus on it for a little bit was right after we get the guys out on the job or after lunch before I got busy on something else. Hopefully that helps! Wishing you the best on it! Don't give up!

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

dmbueno

Thanks!!! Def not giving it up!

MirandaMel

This is a great first post to put on the community and you will get a lot of good answers!

I found time in between peaks where I could work on the program...even if it was just one small section at a time.  Some of it will be easier and some will be harder.  If you can find a way to make it work, assign yourself a half hour per week that you can dedicate to it (I know, often that is easier said than done!).  Small pieces of time start to add up to a lot when you see how much progress you make in it!  Good luck and I am sure we will be seeing the STCA badge beside your name in no time!

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

dmbueno

Thanks! I have even been trying on the rare occasions with nothing to do at home. Kids go to bed...not in the mood for netflix... glass of wine and pandora for like 30 minutes or so on the sofa with a dog. Is it sad that I find that relaxing? haha

MirandaMel

Definitely not enough hours in the day!  Reach out on here any time you need support!

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning