Introduce Yourself to Get the Spokes Turning

JGradwoh
New Contributor II

Welcome to the Pioneering Trades community group! This is a space dedicated for our customers in new markets to learn, thrive, and meet other folks in their industry. We'd love to get your wheels turning with a few intro questions to get to know you better. 

1. What industry are you coming from?

2. How long have you been working in the trades?

3. What is your favorite ServiceTitan feature?

4. What is one area of the ServiceTitan product you would want to change? 

31 REPLIES 31

FreddyZ
New Contributor

1. Landscape Maintenance, But have Titan for our Sprinkler Division.

2. 12 years

3. favorite feature is the Pricebook.

4. Maps 2.0 could be improved with a more user friendly and better routing for density.

bethatki
New Contributor III

1. Swimming Pool

2. 20+ years

3. Recurring Services & Conditional Logic

4.  Dispatch board - I wish I could color code the jobs on the board and had more options for things to show in the columns that are displayed.

amandam_
New Contributor

Hi All,

1. Irrigation / Landscape / Snow Removal

2. 7 years

3. My favorite would probably reports and customer support

4. My biggest frustration is the minimal options for communicating with the client through the software regarding their appointments 1) inability to have clients confirm appointments via email or text more than 24 hours in advance 2) inability to send client an automated follow up email detailing what was done at their appointment. 

RebeccaLM
New Contributor III

We created a form that the techs fill out what was completed at the job.  This form then emails to the customer as soon as the tech completes the job. It has before and after photos, chemical readings (pool biz) etc. I'd be happy to help you with this if you want to try it. 

jsoch
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

1. Irrigation, Landscaping and Snow Removal

2. 17 Years, 11 in Irrigation and 6 in Disaster Restoration

3. Memberships / Membership Management

4. Commission Calculations on Deferred Revenue jobs that do not actually bill during that visit. 

JGradwoh
New Contributor II

Hi Jeff! 

Thank you for sharing! I just had a thought on your commission question. I'm wondering if you could use configurable payroll and make the deferred revenue income item a commissionable item. Meaning that techs either get a set percentage or a set dollar amount every time that recurring service is booked with the DR income item. 

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

CL & CP are the same aspect so I get why you'd love them -- they're both 'logical' 🙂

Accounting reimagined would be huge!

Sheena @ NiFT

RebeccaLM
New Contributor III

1. Pool Maint. 

2. 5 years for this but grew up with a Handyman

3. Configurable Payroll 

4. Mass change preferred tech on recurring jobs in the background instead of having to use the reschedule option. 

Norman
New Contributor II

1. Pest Control

2. 11 years

3. The ability for the techs out in the field to see the chats that the office sees. 

4. The ability to see one route on the map at a time and it shows the total possible income that can be achieved if the route is ran as is for that day, week and month.   

RandiThompson

1. HVAC

2. 15 yrs

3. If I have to pick one favorite I would say audit trails!

4. I need bulk edit/delete on estimates and invoices. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating