"Recent Update"

BKripp19
Contributor

Please tell me our company is not the only one that absolutely LOATHES the updated version of Service Titan. I have used this platform for about 8 years, and genuinely knew it like the back of my hand, which made it possible to do my job as well as I do. I can appreciate the need to continue to grow and keep up with the times, however, this desire to keep up is creating a major setback for us. 

It makes it impossible to navigate profiles that I used to know EVERYTHING about. We reached out to "Customer Success Management team" practically begging to opt out of the new version and to be allowed to keep the option to continue with it as it was. We were basically told, "Sorry about your luck. Post on the community page so we can see if there are an abundance of others that share your feelings and go from there." 

PLEASE tell me we aren't alone! 

17 REPLIES 17

elowinsk
New Contributor

It is not user friendly, too many extra windows, and for managers such as myself who need to be on it from my desktop/laptop/tablet/phone, it is even harder to use on anything other than a computer. The side windows you can barely touch on a phone. I have made other comments about this on the FB pages. We are a smaller company with me being the #1 go to for everyone so I need to be able to see dispatch board, pull up customers, etc from anywhere. It's horrible! The only thing that I will say I like is the red and green dots for payments. All of the extra clicks s ridiculous for updating anything

https://ideas.community.servicetitan.com/ideas/COMMUNITY-I-6057 go here and vote! So many people voted that agree! 

This is me to a T with our company. I am seriously impaired doing my MANY jobs because of this garbage.

deborah_1
New Contributor

I agree- I also do not like the new verison at all. I also clicked the "try now" and can't get back to the old way. It's taking me much longer to do my job and I'm trying to adjust but after a few weeks not any better. Not happy at all.

https://ideas.community.servicetitan.com/ideas/COMMUNITY-I-6057 go here and vote for the old version! 

It really is horrible. I feel like I am trying to read a different language or write with my opposite hand. I'm fine with updates to the software, but leave the option to continue to use the old version while still giving the few that like the update the option to use it. 

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I know that a lot of companies love the improvements, but that being said, is there any specific area you are struggling with that someone in the community could help you navigate?

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

I'm sure there are people that are happy with the new update, just as MANY of us love the old version. I haven't suggested doing away with it altogether, just to leave the option to operate as the old version for those of us that are not happy with it in the slightest. 

To answer your question, the layout of the customer's profile/locations under the new update is horrendous to look at. It is a garbled mess and is in no way more efficient or useful than the old version. If anything, it is the opposite.

This isn't something that "coaching" or "the community" can help with. This is a bad idea that someone just ran wild with. I accidentally clicked "try now" at the banner at the top when trying to update a customers contact information. The option to switch back to the old version has now been removed, so unfortunately for me, the main customer page is now the awful updated version. I luckily can still use the location page as the old version for now, so I am still able to actually do my job. 

As I said above, I understand the need to "keep up with the times" and that updates are inevitable. However, when you have such drastic changes, and obviously many of your paying customers are unhappy with the decisions your design team made with the update, it would seem obvious that you should listen to them, and give them the option to opt out of said changes. I don't see how that is such a huge ask.