Answering service that will book jobs in service titan

jondonent
New Contributor

Does anyone know of a answering service that will book calls in service titan?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tsjobeck
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

In SparkSessions I hear of several, I have not used them myself, but here are a few to check out. I would also follow up with another discussion maybe on if someone is using the particular one you are interested in. Get more feedback. 

Schedule Engine, Nationwide Inbound, LiveNation Call Center, Dexcomm & Contractor in Charge

Hope this helps. 

Tim Sjobeck
Program Facilitator
Coach
Director of Smiles

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

HeatherS3
New Contributor

If you decide to go with a local answering service, is there someone in Service Titan who can help us integrate this answering service with Service Titan? Or do we just call the general help number?

Thanks,

Heather Scarlatelli

Miranda

We use Schedule Engine. It has its pros and cons for sure, but I think you will get that with any answering service. We were using Ruby Receptionist before SE and it was terrible!

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

ladams76
New Contributor III

We started using Schedule Engine a few months ago. It has it's good points and bad points. Based on what we have seen so far, if we could go back and do it differently, I think we would.

But there are issues with any answering service that I can tell. The one we had before was a little bit worse then what we have now.

Just curious what issues you’re having because it’s gotten bad for us. We’ve set up all the settings properly and they’re double booking techs in opposite areas that they don’t even cover (according to business units / mapping) and it’s causing us problems with after hours particularly having to call them back and cancel it or try to reschedule. 

ladams76
New Contributor III

As far as an answering service goes, I did not think our previous one could be beat on horrible service until we got Schedule Engine. A lot of promises were made and they did not deliver. AT ALL. Duplicate customers created almost daily because the 2 systems don't communicate with each other, operators telling customers we can't take jobs when clearly there is nothing on the schedule or it's after hours and they tell them we may can get to them if not we will call tomorrow. If these operators are trained professionals for a service company, it must have gone out of business. Literally had one tell them the office may call you tomorrow if they can come out. Customers would call and ask for a plumbing call, such as my toilet is stopped up or my kitchen sink won't drain, and the call would escalated to out HVAC tech. Or HVAC calls would be sent to the on-call electrical technician. Notes in our account literally say just escalate every call and we will call the customer and make the decision to send to tech but that doesn't work. Oh, and it got the point where every time there was something wrong with a call they took, it was never their fault. Everything was always the fault of the system not being set up correct on our end. Literally spent hours setting up and sending spreadsheets with all contact information and yet it was always our fault. I got so tired of emailing support with the issues when they respond back the next day I tell them I over it. I can not wait for our contract to be up. I do like online system customers can go in and book a call but would not recommend using Schedule Engine for answering service unless they do a total overhaul and actually test the program with ST to make sure it all works. We have lost so much revenue because of this system. All the dispatchers take turns now being on call with techs so we can call back the customers that call in immediately. We have lost so many because they were told we couldn't get to them and we did not know it until we came in Monday and called them back to schedule an appointment for them. Of course by then, they had called someone else. 

baraica
Former Titan

Hi @jondonent , Tim is correct. If you would like additional information on any of the companies he mentioned, I would recommend to check out our marketplace😃

Engagement Manager
ServiceTitan Community Team

tsjobeck

In SparkSessions I hear of several, I have not used them myself, but here are a few to check out. I would also follow up with another discussion maybe on if someone is using the particular one you are interested in. Get more feedback. 

Schedule Engine, Nationwide Inbound, LiveNation Call Center, Dexcomm & Contractor in Charge

Hope this helps. 

Tim Sjobeck
Program Facilitator
Coach
Director of Smiles