brandiCVCSucces
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Service Titan experienced a brief outage this morning.  Companies were posting on Facebook they were unsure what to do.  I had companies texting me that I do not work with directly, asking what to do.  For my company, we simply printed out the Emergency Outage Dispatch Report that is emailed to all leaders in the company four times a day. To quote Sena, an ST employee, “It is the report you hope you never need, but when you do, you are glad you have it.” 

While Service Titan is a robust platform, it is not immune to occasional outages. These outages can occur for various reasons, including server maintenance, software updates, or unexpected technical glitches. Regardless of the cause, even a brief period of downtime can have far-reaching consequences, impacting productivity, customer satisfaction, and ultimately, the bottom line.

While no one is claiming the report is a fix-all, it will calm the chaos and allow your technicians to proceed with their day. All companies should have downtime forms that can be used when the program is down.  It is unrealistic to think a program will never have an outage. My company has been on Service Titan since 2021; this is the first time we have had to print the report.

Once the outage is resolved, the Emergency Outage Dispatch Report allows service companies to conduct a post-outage analysis. Did the report meet your needs?  Is there additional information you would like to customize the report with? Was there information in the report that was not necessary? A benefit of ST is its reporting power.

In the digital age, software platforms like Service Titan play a pivotal role in service-oriented businesses. However, occasional outages are an inherent part of the technology landscape. The Emergency Outage Dispatch Report within Service Titan empowers companies to manage these outages effectively, minimizing their impact on operations, customer satisfaction, and business performance. By leveraging this powerful tool, you can minimize the chaos.

If you need help setting up your report, I would be happy to help, you may reach out to me by emailing me at brandi@cvcsuccessgroup.com or replying here.   Your CSM can help you set up the report or you can also watch this ST video on YouTube by “the nerd” https://youtu.be/wOWJWL6OCpI

2 Comments
barbaral
Contributor

Thank you!  I will pass this information on so we can look into this!!

julie_ch
New Contributor

Thanks Brandi!  Just set up this scheduled report - it was easy to do!  This will definitely curb the angst among technicians (and Owners!) if this type of outage happens again.

Julie