asnow
Valued Contributor II

As a CSR Coach, I've seen CSRs get very nervous when the customer calls in and asks for a price over the phone. Why is that?

1) CSRs are known to be very helpful and often want to share a price, only to have the customer hang up and the call goes unbooked.

2) CSRs are told not to give pricing over the phone.

3) CSRs don't have pricing for most products or services - only the dispatch fee and maintenance fees.

If you've ever felt nervous or unsure when a customer asks for a price, tune in to learn how asking questions can help you maintain control of the call. Also, discover how adding value will help you book the call!

Learn more in our Contractor Playbook, or in a webinar I did specifically on how to Maintain Control of the call.

Comments
krista-gac
Contributor II

This is so TRUE!! Just because a pressure switch is tripped and appears to a client as the issue. A technician needs to determine why the switch tripped and if any other parts need to be replaced or repaired. 

Thanks @asnow!! You ROCK!! 

asnow
Valued Contributor II

Exactly @krista-gac !! Thanks for your comment. 🙂

emframe
New Contributor

@ImedaFink Hey Imelda, can you please start by watching this one?

KristinS1
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Love this one!  

reneem

these are amazing! Is there a way to send these directly to my CSRs, or do they need to go through community? I noticed that there is no "download" button.

-Thank you for taking the time to do these!

asnow
Valued Contributor II

Hi @reneem! For now, these are all housed in the Community, so you can send the link to the video directly to your team. In the future, we may look at putting these in the Academy so you can track your team's progress.

krista-gac
Contributor II

@asnow and @reneem I would LOVE it if they were also posted to the academy so I could assign and track progress!!! We are now implementing at our office to listen to these as a team weekly and then discuss how we can use at Gulfshore! 

MadisonChicken

Omg this is something that has always given me so much stress. At the beginning I had the hardest time not giving the pricing. I thought it was so weird that we weren't able to give any pricing over the phone. BUT after I did give pricing over the phone (literally once) that customer came back at us furious when we gave a bid that was higher than what I had quoted... It was a real wake up call that's for sure. 

This is such a valuable video. And I wish I would've had this when I first started here at Fluesbrothers 🙂 

Thank you Angie! 

Rachel_Young
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

@asnow this is fantastic!!! Definitely sending it to my clients!

I think keep asking questions may be the single most important piece of advice to give CSRs. It works so well especially if you get stumped or a customer asks you something you can't answer. Even if they ask something you're going to answer, don't let them walk all over your process. When you gather all the info first it gets them talking and builds a rapport so by the time you get back to any dispatch, diagnostic, tune-up, or membership fees, it will have become a far lesser concern. 

Of course, you'll still have some sticklers every once in a while so make sure your company has good call reasons setup too. "Doesn't want to pay dispatch fee" and "Wanted price over the phone" are my two favorite types of calls to review and help improve on. It's not always CSRs that can improve here either, sometimes it reveals the company would benefit from adjusting its strategy or marketing 😉 

asnow
Valued Contributor II

@Rachel_Young I totally agree - asking questions is the key!! 

Version history
Last update:
‎06-22-2023 04:46 PM
Updated by:
Contributors