Non-Managed Techs and ST Mobile

MorganNovelli
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone, 

We are currently rolling out non-managed technicians on the ST Mobile App. I am curious to see how others are using this feature, being that they cannot complete a job without a managed tech assigned to the job. Is there a work around ? Do your non-managed techs just not use the mobile app ? And if you are using the mobile app, what permissions/features are you setting for them to do/not do. 

Any suggestions would be helpful. 

Thank you

Morgan & @jhufnagelERP 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Hello Morgan, 

We have had some non-managed technicians using ST and have run into this problem as well. Currently, our work around has been adding a managed tech to the job as well and adding in the job summary that the managed technician does not need to attend this job/who is handling the job. Then the managed technician just reviews things and can close out of the job as needed, etc. We use non-managed techs for office staff sometimes (ex: I will add a managed tech to a job I book on myself for an estimate. I will complete the work from the office but the manager will close out of the job for me). We also use it for apprentices or students in training. Once we feel they are ready to be on their own, we will make them a managed tech. We just went through this with a few apprentices! 

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Hello Morgan, 

We have had some non-managed technicians using ST and have run into this problem as well. Currently, our work around has been adding a managed tech to the job as well and adding in the job summary that the managed technician does not need to attend this job/who is handling the job. Then the managed technician just reviews things and can close out of the job as needed, etc. We use non-managed techs for office staff sometimes (ex: I will add a managed tech to a job I book on myself for an estimate. I will complete the work from the office but the manager will close out of the job for me). We also use it for apprentices or students in training. Once we feel they are ready to be on their own, we will make them a managed tech. We just went through this with a few apprentices! 

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling

jshelson
New Contributor II

If someone needs to complete jobs on their own they need to be a managed tech. We use non-managed for apprentices, students, etc who are not running their own route.