CSR Lunch and Learn Recap - Confidence

asnow
Valued Contributor II

Hey friends!

Thank you to those who were able to join our Lunch and Learn meeting today. I appreciate your attendance! Also, a big thank you to  @BrittanyB  and @emsmith for helping us in our breakout rooms. These calls are for YOU, so I was happy to hear the questions that you all asked and the discussions you had in your breakout groups.

For those that had other obligations, or couldn't get away from the phone, here is a quick recap of our training on building confidence in CSRs. 

I shared TWO things that can help a CSR become more confident: 

1 - Be very CLEAR with a CSR's expectations and objectives. What should a CSR be completing in a day? What are the expectations that define a great performance?  Are there KPIs (key performance indicators) that are being used to measure performance? Some of our teams shared that they have task lists for the CSRs. (Thank you @mtrobert ) and others shared about their task lists, along with other resources that can keep their CSRs educated, empowered and on track (thank you @felicitymonsees ) If a CSR doesn't understand what is fully expected of them, how can they feel good about what they are doing? Be clear and specific. 

2 - The Confidence / Competence cycle: CSRs can build confidence by devoting more time to a specific skill, or concept that they want to be competent in. As a CSR, if there is something that is important to you, then you need to give time to it. If you're not giving time to it, then that can erode your confidence. Be intentional about spending time training, learning and in doing tasks that are easily avoided. Beware of distractions and discouragement so that you don't get off track.

A bonus item that I didn't share on the call, is that we will all feel more confident (in any role) when we are being congruent with our best self. When we know we are learning all that we can, devoting the time needed, taking care of our mental and physical health, and approaching our role with a "growth mindset," we will build momentum. 

Confidence can come and go, especially when you're in a new situation you haven't been in before. Bring the best of who you are to your job. Don't beat yourself up over things you don't know or understand yet. Be intentional about bringing your best self to the job, and your confidence will follow. 

Our next CSR Lunch and Learn Call is on June 15th, 11:30 am PT.  See you then!!

7 REPLIES 7

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

I'm sorry I didn't get anything out of this month's meeting. I ended up having to log off half way through. It was just crazy busy over here yesterday afternoon and I was in the office alone. Thank you for providing us with a recap of the meeting!

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling

MadisonChicken
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Thank you for another great session! I really value these times I get to speak with other CSR's it is one of my favorite meetings that's for sure! I wanted to share our task list see it below! 🙂

Screenshot 2023-05-19 080208.png

This is sitting by my desk so I always know what my task for the day are! I find it helpful especially on days I'm feeling less productive! 

Madison Robertson
Chicken Lady Speaks

This is awesome! Definitely going to use this resource to improve our current operations. Thanks so much for sharing.

MadisonChicken

Absolutely! Thank you for your kind response.

Madison Robertson
Chicken Lady Speaks

asnow
Valued Contributor II

Thank you for the beautiful visual!

MadisonChicken

I am the queen of making things pretty with google sheets. So I appreciate the comment!

Madison Robertson
Chicken Lady Speaks

Miranda

Another great Lunch & Learn! Thank you @asnow for talking to us about confidence and to everyone who attended and contributed! 

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC