Permit Process

chelsea_6
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Good morning everyone! I am looking to re-vamp my permit process in ST. Honestly our process is not very good right now, and I need it to be streamlined. I am moving to a call-by-call management process that I believe will help with this, but I am looking for a workflow to keep track of them. We currently use tags and update tags as we move through the process. I am curious how you guys handle those! Any info is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CWilkins
Contributor

Hey Chelsea! One way I would suggest is using the Task Management tool. You can create a task type call "Permits". Then you can assign those tasks to the right people on your team and even connect it to a job and project. With those tasks, you can even create subtasks and assign those out with specific due dates. 

Task Management has got to be one of my favorite ServiceTitan features so I plug it every chance I get 😂
Here are a link that could help:
Set up task management

Conner W.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

chelsea_6

Well currently we have tags for each step of the process. Permit needed, permit ordered, inspection ordered, inspection passed, we also have an inspection needed tag attached to certain job types to let the girls know they need one.  We are moving to a call-by-call management process, which is basically dispatch on steroids. The plan is for the call-by-call manager to keep up with permits as well. I will probably create an excel spreadsheet in Teams for them to keep up with them. I was just curious what other customers were using, to see if we could steal some processes. 😄 

asnow
Valued Contributor II

Hey Chelsea - what does your current process look like? 

CWilkins
Contributor

Hey Chelsea! One way I would suggest is using the Task Management tool. You can create a task type call "Permits". Then you can assign those tasks to the right people on your team and even connect it to a job and project. With those tasks, you can even create subtasks and assign those out with specific due dates. 

Task Management has got to be one of my favorite ServiceTitan features so I plug it every chance I get 😂
Here are a link that could help:
Set up task management

Conner W.

JessicaSmith

This is the way!!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions