Closing Jobs

melaniehammond
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hey All!

I am looking for feedback on closing jobs. Currently, my technicians closeout their own jobs. However, we are looking into having the techs reach out to their manager to essentially have that job reviewed and then closed by that manager. We are hoping this will help alleviate any questions in the future. Does anyone have this process?

Thank you in advance for the feedback!! 🙂 

Melanie

Vines Plumbing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @melaniehammond -- having a "clear to close" process is ideal and efficient. Being as the techs close their own jobs out, maybe have a form with a checklist that lists all info needed before closing a job, such as: payment collected, materials added, etc. You can make it so that each manager gets a copy of this form via text or email as soon as the techs complete it. 

Sheena @ NiFT

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Miranda

Looks like you found an answer, but I will share our process. We have our techs close their own jobs, but before they can close them, they have to complete their checklist and call the office to debrief. We dispatch from the office so they can't go to their next job anyway without communicating with the office. 

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

SInce you dispatch your techs from the office side, how do the techs get dispatched to calls afterhours? Do you have on call dispatchers to dispatch? 

Sheena_Palacios

Hi @melaniehammond -- having a "clear to close" process is ideal and efficient. Being as the techs close their own jobs out, maybe have a form with a checklist that lists all info needed before closing a job, such as: payment collected, materials added, etc. You can make it so that each manager gets a copy of this form via text or email as soon as the techs complete it. 

Sheena @ NiFT